Inaugural Symposium Access
This limited attendee event for November 2019 is expected to fill very quickly. Early adopter members will have exclusive early access for registration and special perks for the annual conference planned for 2020.
Access To Exclusive Content
- Best practices for health and social media developed by those who utilize social media the most, to help avoid pitfalls when utilizing social media in a health context across disciplines and platforms.
- Tutorials for getting started on all major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Podcasting.
- Nuanced strategies and guidance on content creation to build your online signature, increase your reach on above channels, and position yourself with a valuable online presence.
Live Events & In-Person Networking
- The 1st Annual AHSM Symposium (November 2019!)
- Annual Meetings (starting in 2020)
- Regional AHSM networking and discipline-specific events and meet-ups
Community & Advocacy
- Opportunity to connect and network with like-minded individuals and pioneers early on in the dawn of the Association through a members-only directory, and the ability to exchange support and ideas with colleagues who seek to utilize social media in a similar, productive manner.
- Leadership opportunities as a nascent organizations to champion initiatives, build the organization, and represent this unique approach to public health influence.
- Advocacy for recognition of productive social media use by institutions and adoption of best practices by partner institutions and organizations. The potential to impact policy through collective decision-making in our best practices and resources.